Thursday, January 12, 2012

The important things....

It's amazing the lessons you learn when you're not searching for anything...for the past 3 weeks I've been on Christmas break, meaning no school and LOTS of work. It's been the best 3 weeks ever. Let me explain. Ever since starting at Dixie in August of 2010 I've been a stress case. Working part time and going to school full time definetly made me into a walking wreck and everyone knew it. Because I wear my emotions on my sleeve people would most often than not walk on egg shells around me. Well, for the past 3 weeks I've only been working full time at the office and have loved not feeling that weight on my shoulders about needing to get this done or that done after work and worrying about finding time to get it all done. After 3 weeks of feeling free I realized how good it felt and how much happier I felt. Well, school started on Wednesday and I've upped my hours at work not meaning more stress...so I thought. I loved the not stressed out me and I'm pretty sure everyone else did too so I decided instead of worrying and stressing obout things not in my control I'd be in the moment. When I'm at work, I'd be at work. I'd laugh. I'd smile. I'd think about work and not mull over all the homework I had due the next week. While I was at school I'd be at school and not worry about the next assignment I had to do just tackle the assignment I was working on and then move on. My classes have been very demanding so far but I've realized that life is too short to worry all the time. Life is too short to not be in the moment. I'm not perfect and I STILL wear my emotions on my sleeve but having a change of heart has been so good and it's helped me to remember the important things in life. The things that really matter, at that moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment