Thursday, December 2, 2010

5:45am wake up calls....

Lastnight I was so excited to sleep in this morning, and when I say sleep in that means anything past 6:30, but that didn't happen! At 5:45 I was rudly awakened from my deep sleep by Martha telling me to get up and meet her at the gym in 15! WHAT!!! I was so grumpy and did NOT want to go out into the cold and get my butt royally kicked. But, I got up anyway and thank heavens I did. Let me just tell you a little background. As most of you know these past few weeks have been a little off and everyday I've shed at least one tear. Working out, school, work, eating right, drinking water, everything just seemed to add up and before I knew it I was dropping one of the most important elements....daily exercise. I just couldn't seem to want to workout... I'd still do it somedays but it was definetly NOT willingly! I found myself feeling more depressed, feeling like the world was crashing down on me and not having as much energy to make it through the day. Lastnight I had a heart to heart with Mel and decided that I needed to get my butt in gear so I made the "mistake" of telling Martha that and that's where the 5:45 wake up call comes into play. Working out this morning set such a good tone to my day and I was even told by Mel that I seemed calmer. I felt so much better and felt like I could take on the world again. I know it's such small thing but it changed my whole attitude about my day. I'm so grateful that I have friends that don't forget my goals even when I seem to. Being healthy is my number one and I need to remember that.

2 comments:

  1. ang i need friends like that! im so glad you back at it! so proud of you! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, you posted! This was exactly what I needed to hear. I wish I could go work out every morning early, but because of Jamen's schedule, I can't. So going at night is really tough. I'm glad you have friends down there to push you. I love ya, you're looking amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete