Thursday, April 21, 2011

Fitness Analysis...

Recently I've been focusing a lot on coping strategies for stress. Believe it or not I'm EXTREMLY stressed right now. I'm sure we all are in different ways. Such is life :) Well, yesterday was a little bit of a stressful day. It's approaching the last weeks of the semester and finals week always adds a little bit more stress to the routine. Let me give you a little background, yesterday I went to pay a bill online, well, the first time I submitted it it said declined, please resubmit, so I did and it said the same thing. Well, I resubmitted it AGAIN and it still said the same thing. Without thinking about it I resubmitted it AGAIN and it still came back with the same message. So, I decided I should probably check the bank account I was paying it from (I knew I had money in the account to pay it). They payment had gone through ALL THREE times and now my account was negative a very large amount. The bill was almost a big amount. Anyway, I instantly freaked out silently. I was sitting in the computer lab at school and couldn't freak out openly. I called my bank and they gave me the run around and said that I'd have to wait a couple days and see if the company I was paying would refund me...yada yada yada. I wanted to curl up in a ball and cry. I was already stressed out enough and now THIS?! Because of the coping mechanisms that I'd been learning about and trying to apply recently I decided to try and change my attitude and decided to go to the gym and work it out! And I did just that. Let me just tell you...Working out when you're angry is the BEST!! I have never worked out that hard in my life. I felt so much better and gained a new perspective. What I realized is that when you deal with stress in healthy ways and not mope around in your troubles and instead do something productive it changes your view on everything around you.
Now, to get to the title of this post. After my workout I got to sit down with a fitness guy at Gold's and he talked to me for about an hour about nutrition and fitness. I only have 55 more pounds to go to get to my goal weight and I know that if I taked it one day at a time I can accomplish my goals. I loved it and my motivation to keep going on this journey was reignited!! I love fitness and getting healthy!! I'm so grateful that my body works and that I have the ABILITY to workout and make myself healthy. So grateful for challenges and for lessons we learn from them. Life is beautiful!

2 comments:

  1. Angie Lou, so good to see you back to posting!!! I've missed it! What a great message about dealing with stress in a healthy way. Everything will work out, it always does. If anyone has money issues right now, it's us. I'm thinking of you, as always. I love ya and can't wait to see you in a few weeks. Just a little sad you can't make it to Jamen's commissioning :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay you updated. I remember when I lived in Miami and my grandma died. I was so stressed and working out was SOOO good for me. I really work out harder under stress as well. It's a great thing to get re motivated. I hope things become less stressful for you soon. love ya!

    ReplyDelete