Friday, July 8, 2011

2 week goal...I DID IT!

A few weeks ago Marth and I had an intense workout that involved crying and frusteration and more crying so Marth being who she is (she's not one to coddle your feelings), she looked me in the eyes and said, "K, then let's change something. If you're not happy with it do something about it! You have until July 7th to accomplish a short term goal. Think about what you want that goal to be and get back to me." NOT what this chica wanted to hear AT ALL! I'm a sensitive person. Sometimes I just need to be loved but Marth, knowing me so well did the right thing. And I'm so glad she did. We made a goal to lose 5 pounds in 2 weeks, July 7th was the deadline. I weighed in once a week and guess what?? I did it! I'm finally in the 170's!!! And not only am I in the 170's, things have started looking up ever since I set my sight on a goal. A short term goal, yes, but a goal none-the-less. I learned these last two weeks that if I don't set goals I'm only working toward the end...the end that says, "k, you have 65 more pounds to lose, go!" What!?! Not motivational. By setting this short two week goal I felt I could accomplish it. It wasn't out of my reach. And I've gotta tell ya, people have noticed. Five pounds might be five pounds but it sure does make a difference. I'm so grateful for a friend who kicks my butt!

No comments:

Post a Comment