Sunday, October 24, 2010

5K!!!!!

It's official...I'm ADDICTED!!!! Yesterday, Saturday, St. George was putting on a 5K,10K, 1 mile walk for Breast Cancer and so we, bootcamp, decided to run the 5K! What a blast! I LOVE all the girls at bootcamp and love all the support that we give eachother. I don't think I could have finished without them!
The start of the race was a little rough. I had pain in every joint but when we hit 1.5 miles my body pretty much went numb and because of that I couldn't feel the pain anymore. Yay!! I started out the race with Mel and Marth and at about 1.5 miles we met the cutest girl, Alicia, this was her first 5K that she was running for her friend and so we "adopted" her. Mel and Alicia ran together to the end and then Mel, being the most amazing friend EVER, ran BACK and finished again with me and Marth! What an amazing support system I've been blessed with. Crossing that finish line was the most amazing feeling. I couldn't believe I had just completed 3 miles without stopping! Of course me being me I cried in Mel's arms for a few minutes after. Ahhh...such an incredible feeling to have completed my first 5K!! I'm so excited to run my next one the 20th of November with Mel and Marth!!! I love my new life and am LOVING the opportunities I've been presented with because of it! Hope you enjoy the pics...

Before the race, so excited!
Me and Mel after the race
Our numbers
We ran for Cheryle and Julie and all those we love that have been affected by breast cancer
Bootcamp Family-love them ALL!Almost there :)

Finished!

3 comments:

  1. you did so great angie! i am so excited for you! after i have this baby i want to do one with you!!! love you and i am so proud of you! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto what Kiersten said! I'm so proud of you! Hopefully we can do one together when I can run as well as you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why, oh why must you do this to me ALL THE TIME!!! i am crying AGAIN. you do have the most amazing friends and i love to borrow them every now and then. LOL. we all need that little modivation, and VOOOOMMMMm there we go. I am sooo sooo sooo proud of you and your accomplishments. THANK you so very much for running for my mom. SHe is AMAZING and a SuRvIvOr!!!

    ReplyDelete