Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Tough day...

It was a rough day today. In every aspect, school, diet, emotionally, everything. It was just one of those days. School has been really stressful the past few days because of midterms and I haven't been doing as good as I should be with keeping to a strict schedule of eating since I'm so stressed which doesn't help me in the scale department :(
I had a really great learning experience tonight, I wanted to share it because it helped me to realize a lot about myself and how I work mentally. My day had already been a rough one but when 5 o'clock hit for some reason the sadness did too and all I wanted to do was EAT and eat yummy, fattening, discusting food! Food that I knew would make me want to puke later so...I decided to go to Wendy's instead and get there grilled chicken cranberry salad. I sat down at the table to eat feeling all sorry for myself and having thought of "woe is me" and then I realized that I had overcome something BIG! REAL BIG! I had resisted the tempation to eat gross food and eat a salad instead. Because I was so proud of myself I decided to treat myself to a run around the track at the park. What a great run! I got the posotive endorphins going and then went to bootcamp and now I feel 200% better! So...moral of the story...don't give in to your bad habits that you're trying to break when you're feeling sad or want to retreat back to your comfortable ways. You are strong enough to overcome it!!! As you jump over those hurdles you become THAT much closer to the finish line and THAT much closer to who you want to be. I'm loving my new life and LOVING the wonderful people that I've met and been able to associate with because of it. :)
One more thing...we've decided as a bootcamp to run the Save-A-Sister 5K on October 23rd here in St. George and I wasn't going to do it but with much prodding from my dear friend Mel I broke down and registered! It's official! I'll be running my first 5k in 2 weeks! Holy smokes! I know it's only 3 miles but 3 miles is 3 miles people. Baby steps :)

1 comment:

  1. good for you ang! that is my biggest struggle !you are doing awesome! wish i could be there to cheer you on!

    ReplyDelete