Sunday, August 7, 2011

Juice and raw veggie/fruit fast-Day 1

A few weeks ago I watched a documentary on Netflix called "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" that was amazing and I suggest everyone watch it. It talked all about getting pure nutrients from our raw fruits and veggies through juicing. One man decideds to go on a juice fast for 60 days, meaning he only "ate" or rather drank pure vegetable and fruit juice for every meal. By doing this he was able to heal is body of health ailmant he had been living with for years and lost over 100 pounds. So, that is where my inspiration came from to do this juice fast. I am doing it a little bit differently, here is a sample menu:

Breakfast: 1 cup freshly juiced veggie and fruit juice, 5 raw almonds
Snack: 1/2 cup juice, 10 carrot sticks
Lunch: Broccli, black bean, cucumber, cilantro, and mango salad.
Snack: 1/2 apple, 1/2 cucumber
Dinner:1 cup veggie juice
Snack:1/2 cup veggie juice, 5 almonds

That's what my next 10 days will look like. I started yesterday, Saturday, around 2. The last 24 hours have been rough but I'm hoping it will pay off. Here's to juicing! :)


Thank heaven for amazing friends who let you use their juicer :) Thanks Mel!



No comments:

Post a Comment